About Me

My photo
I first started writing whilst doing an access course in 2005, completing an advanced higher. From there I went to study for a BA in Humanities & Social Science at Edinburgh University studying mostly History (favorite being Social History). Graduated in 2010 with a UG Diploma. Having completed 3 years with the open university studying Creative writing and Children's Literature, I graduated in 2014 with a BA Honours degree. In 2012, 'The Letter' was published in Flash Fiction World Vol 1. As a keen photographer I am currently working on a compilation of flash fiction using my own photos as prompts. Thanks for stopping by xxx please leave me a comment, all are appreciated, come on!! say Hi, stay a while and have some cake!!!xx

Saturday 7 September 2013

September Flash A Day: Day 7: INVISIBLE


© David Vale

INVISIBLE

They do not see me
blurred figures
in my eye standing drowning
in the rain
still they do not see me
huddled together in
the face of the night
chilled multi-colour fill
the scene with golden warmth
but still they do not see me
souvenirs placed in
lonely companionship
the hard stone razar my
bottomless soles
and still they do not see me
silent screams leave swirling
blended within the
evenings bell-song
a caring comrade rings
the turning of life
yet still they do not see me
rested on cobbles old
rain droplets dilute
crimson ripples dance
in my eye lying dying
only now do they see me

©Mills Laine

No comments:

Post a Comment